September is Hunger Action Month
For far too many Minnesotans, a daily meal isn't a choice between different dishes. It's a choice between food and other critical needs, like utilities, medicine and housing.
Today, more than half a million Minnesotans are facing hunger and confronting these impossible choices every day. These choices are even more difficult for Minnesota’s communities of color, who face rates of hunger twice that of their White neighbors.
This month, you have a choice too. September is Hunger Action Month, the time to join forces to fight hunger.
How will you choose to end hunger?
- Visit our blog to understand why so many of us are still facing hunger today.
- Tune in to our Hunger Divide Roundtable conversation with local and national leaders in hunger relief on September 23. Register here.
- Add our Hunger Action Month frame to your Facebook profile photo.
- Share the hunger-fighting choice you’re making on Facebook and Instagram, and invite others to join you.
- Add your name to our advocacy list and follow us on Twitter so you can advocate for the policies and programs that will bring meaningful solutions.
- Volunteer at our Brooklyn Park or Maplewood hunger-fighting facilities and see the impact you can make through just one shift!
- Give financially! Your gift during Hunger Action Month will double in impact with matching funds from a generous group of sponsors and individual donors—up to $250,000—to help provide twice as many meals this fall.
Please know that any action you take—however big or small—is bringing us one step closer to ending hunger. Thank you for joining us in this fight!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS