Pack to the Max!
Give to the Max Day is fast approaching, which also means that we’ll be packing to the max! Pack to the Max is a 24-hour volunteer food-packing event held annually on Give to the Max Day, Thursday, November 14.
During Pack to the Max, you can help us pack the food that your donation is helping to fund, and you raise awareness of the importance of giving on Give to the Max Day! This super-fun volunteer packing event not only helps to feed our hungry neighbors; it spotlights the importance of Give to the Max Day when it comes to providing critical meals for the holidays and throughout the year.
Here’s what you need to know:
Pack to the Max is a marathon 24-hour volunteer food-packing event. We have 2-hour shifts available for teams of any size up to 100 volunteers.
Last year, 276 volunteers packed more than 55,000 meals!
Give to the Max Day is Second Harvest Heartland’s top single-fundraising day of the year. Led by GiveMN, the 24-hour online giving event engages thousands of non-profits and individuals in an exciting day to help give back to our community.
Here’s why you should give on Give to the Max:
- Give the Max Day has helped Second Harvest Heartland and its food shelf partners distribute more than 13 million meals to hungry neighbors.
- You can schedule your Give to the Max Day gift now and it will count towards Give to the Max Day! And your gift could earn a “Golden Ticket” to an extra $500, $1,000 or even $10,000 for Second Harvest Heartland!
- Because of our community partnerships, every $1 donated on Give to the Max Day can mean three meals on the tables of local families.
- When you give $150 or more, we’ll send you a “thank you” postcard hand-colored by a child served by Second Harvest Heartland agency partners. For every $150 donated, a child, working parent or senior in our community can be fed a meal every day for more than a year.
- Your gift on Give to the Max Day could go twice as far with our match opportunity thanks to Post Consumer Brands, The Mosaic Company Foundation, and a group of generous donors!
The best part about this year’s Pack to the Max event? It’s being held for the first time in our newly refurbished Brooklyn Park home! So not only will you be able to help feed your hungry neighbors, you’ll have the chance to check out our new facility at the same time. The new facility is enabling Second Harvest Heartland to accommodate more and different kinds of food, and many more volunteers. Don’t wait. Sign up for a packing shift today. Individuals and groups are welcome.