Collect Cash, Not Cans to Help Feed Hungry Minnesotans
There are many ways to get involved in the fight to end hunger. You can volunteer your time or your talents. You can become an activist and help spread the word about the problem of hunger in our communities. You can host a neighborhood or company food drive and collect boxes and cans of nonperishable food. But if you’re looking to make a big impact with little effort, nothing beats a virtual food drive. Just ask the people at Slalom.
For the past five years, the Minneapolis-based consulting firm, Slalom, has hosted a virtual food drive to help combat hunger in our region.
“There are so many reasons to consider a virtual drive—first and foremost the donations make an incredible impact,” said Molly Pence of Slalom’s talent acquisition team. “We learned that for every $100 we raise, a family of four can be fed for an entire month. In addition to that, every year the food drive brings new energy and connection to our office.”
Slalom employees don’t just connect virtually. Every year a team comes to Second Harvest Heartland to help sort and pack food.
“We just had a group of 50 Slalom employees volunteer last Friday packing cabbage,” Pence said. “Our team was blown away by the fact that Second Harvest Heartland coordinates so much fresh food to ensure the meals provided are healthy. We are excited to support an organization that helps families in need not only get access to food, but to fresh, healthy food.”
Benefits of Hosting a Virtual Food Drive
- It’s convenient. No boxes or cans piling up in your lobby.
- It’s customizable. Add your logo and messaging to your personal donation page.
- It’s easy to promote. Spread the word via email with your own URL.
- It’s fast. Transactions completed in minutes and donors receive a receipt.
- It’s good for the environment—no transportation costs, boxes or other waste.
- It helps Second Harvest Heartland make the biggest impact. Your donations will help us acquire high-need, nutritious foods like fresh produce, meats and dairy. We can provide 3 complete meals for what it would cost you to purchase 1 can of food!
Register to Host Your Own Drive
Virtual Food Drives are our easiest and most efficient drive. Your Virtual Food Drive will have a dedicated donation page where you can see the progress you’re making towards your goal in real time. Every $1 donated can provide 3 meals and we can turn $1 into $7 worth of grocery products. Register today.