10 Fun Ways to Help End Hunger this November
This time of year, many of our partners join us in the fight to end hunger by hosting a variety of fun events and campaigns. Here is a list of 10 fun and easy ways you can support Second Harvest Heartland before the end of the month.
For the foodie
- Through Cookies for a Cause, you can enjoy a cookie for just $1 at any of Houlihan’s three metro restaurants during lunch Monday–Friday and the proceeds from your purchase will benefit Second Harvest Heartland.
- Dine at Longfellow Grill in Minneapolis November 1-30 and for each non-perishable food item donated, receive a $1 off your tab (limit $5).
- On Thursday nights, when you dine at the Bloomington ChopHouse, they will give 10 percent of their sales to selected local charities like Second Harvest Heartland.
For the fitness lover
- Give back before giving thanks at the Walk to End Hunger on Thanksgiving morning. The Walk is loads of fun with live music, kid’s crafts, face painters, Santa and much more.
- The Burn the Fat, Feed the Hungry family fun day introduces participants to fun workouts and fitness and weight-loss concepts through Altman Fitness, while also raising funds to support Second Harvest Heartland – all on Thanksgiving morning
- Warm up your Thanksgiving appetite with the Turkey Day 5K. Lifetime Fitness will match donations to Second Harvest Heartland, up to $10,000!
For the football fan
- Team up with the Kick Hunger Challenge and thousands of other football fans across the country to kick hunger by making a donation in the name of your favorite NFL team!
For the philanthropist
- Bank of America and Feeding America are partners to sponsor the Give a Meal campaign. For every $1 donated, Bank of America will give $2 more.
- Purchase products labeled with the Bag Hunger logo at your local grocery store through Nov. 19 and all proceeds benefit local food banks and food shelves in this statewide effort.
- Give to the Max Day is Nov. 17. With your support, we can make this Thanksgiving season a little brighter for families in need. Schedule your gift before Nov. 16 and we’ll send you a window cling to share your support!