Most Needed Items
COVID-19 Update: To maximize safety and efficiency, we encourage that walk-up food donations from individuals—as well as food drive donations—be delivered directly to community food shelves and nonprofit partners. Visit hungersolutions.org to find a food shelf or other hunger-relief program in your area.
To make the biggest impact, consider a financial donation. For every $1 donated we’re able to source and distribute over $7 worth of food and groceries, providing more of the most-needed items to those who need it.
Please check with each food shelf or other program for most-needed items, as demand changes week to week.
Here are some commonly needed items:
- Meats, fish and protein – canned tuna, ham or chicken, beef stew, chili, peanut butter, canned/dried beans
- Fruits and vegetables – 100% fruit juice, canned fruits and vegetables, instant potatoes
- Complete meals – pasta & canned sauce, boxed meals, hearty soups
- Grains – cereal, rice
- Special diet foods – gluten-free, low-sugar, low-sodium
- Personal care products* – shampoo, deodorant, soap, diapers, toilet paper, feminine hygiene, toothpaste
- Cleaning supplies* – laundry detergent, paper towels, kitchen and bathroom cleaners
* For food safety reasons, personal care items and cleaning supplies need to be kept separate from food items.
No glass containers, perishable items (except produce) or home-canned foods, please!