The Direct Link to People Experiencing Hunger
Second Harvest Heartland partners with nearly 1,000 food shelves, meal programs, shelters and other programs in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. These agencies distribute food directly to their communities and into the hands of families, children and seniors throughout a shared hunger-relief network.
Working together toward a shared mission
Food shelves and other agency partners bring local communities and neighborhoods together to increase food security in urban, suburban and rural areas within our 59-county service area. Agency partners and their dedicated staff and volunteers are the life-blood of the hunger relief network. We could not accomplish our mission to end hunger together without their partnership and hard work.
Learn more about the many agencies in the hunger relief network:
Interested in becoming an agency partner?
Our mission is to end hunger together. To that end, we seek to partner with programs that are also working to end hunger in their own communities.
If you don’t have an active food program but are looking to make a difference in your community, we encourage you to connect and collaborate with an existing hunger-relief program. Find more information about need and existing programs at hungersolutions.org.
Important considerations for those interested in partnering:
- If you don’t have an active food program, we encourage you to reach out to the food assistance or social service programs in your area before getting started or submitting an interest form.
- Programs that we are seeking to partner with include those filling unmet gaps in the community, food shelves, food distributions, community meals, produce distributions, emergency shelters and agencies serving high-need populations. Please note: We are not accepting new partnerships for one-time holiday meals/distributions, group homes, rehabilitation facilities, residential treatment centers, fundraisers or other non-emergency programs.
First steps to take to be considered for partnership:
- Attend an informational meeting for potential agency partners to help determine if partnership is a good fit. Click here for registration and schedule information.
- Fill out the Partner Agency Interest Form by the deadline listed below. This is a screening tool to clarify some of the requirements of partnering and to help both your organization and Second Harvest Heartland determine if a partnership may be a good fit.
After you submit the Partner Agency Interest Form, our Agency Relations team will contact you by the date listed in the timeline below with a decision on whether you’ll be invited to submit an application for partnership.
2020 Partnership Review Timeline
Period 1 - April
- Partner Agency Interest form deadline April 17.
- Application invitations and other notifications sent by May 22.
- Applications received after June 30 will be referred to the next period.
Period 2 - November
- Partner Agency Interest form deadline Oct 31.
- Application invitations and other notifications sent by sent by Nov 30.
- Applications received after January 15 will be referred to the next period.