Start a Virtual Drive
Everything’s easier when you do it online – even food drives!
The Second Harvest Heartland virtual drive is a representational giving tool that allows organizations and individuals to host an online food drive. Our virtual drive tool allows us to serve more people, more efficiently.
Benefits of hosting a virtual drive:
- Easy to use and manage
- Most impactful—we can provide 3 complete meals for what it would cost you to purchase 1 can of food
- Funds raised help provide fresh, nutritious foods like produce, dairy and protein
- Allows for group participation and competition
- Transactions are completed within minutes
- Saves Second Harvest Heartland time and resources incurred by a physical food drive
Resources for your drive
To make your drive a success please consider using resources from our toolkit.
Traditional Food Drives
COVID-19 Procedure for Collection of Food Donations
Second Harvest Heartland is currently not accepting large quantity food drive donations. We are instead encouraging that all food donations be delivered directly to our food shelf partners to ensure maximum efficiency in getting donated items to the people who need them. We appreciate your understanding during this time of incredible demand on our operations staff. A great resource in finding somewhere to donate your items is Hunger Solutions. By entering a zip code or address into their Food Shelf Finder, you can discover hunger-fighting sites and programs in your area. You will also see information on drop-off dates and times, as well as a phone number and/or website for each site.