DONOR ADVISED FUNDS
Give money to our food bank today and in the future through this tax-efficient charitable vehicle.
Double Down on Tax-Efficient Giving
A donor-advised fund (DAF) acts like a charitable savings account. It combines favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support nonprofit organizations like Second Harvest Heartland. It’s a great way to organize your philanthropy, donate to causes you are passionate about, and reduce your tax burden.
- You contribute cash or other personal assets to the donor-advised fund of your choice.
- You determine where to invest, and when and how much to distribute to Second Harvest Heartland and other charitable causes of your choice.
Donor-advised funds are a great way to positively impact your tax bill and give back to your community at the same time.
Benefits of Donor Advised Funds
When you contribute to our food bank through your donor-advised fund, you can:
- Simplify your charitable giving
- Facilitate your strategic goals for philanthropy
- Realize immediate tax benefits and deductions
- Make a noticeable impact on hunger in the heartland
“We were already making a year-end annual donation anyway, so we thought why not set up a monthly transfer from our donor advised fund directly to Second Harvest Heartland in order to feed more adults and children throughout the year.”
How to Give With a Donor Advised Fund
Already have a donor advised fund in place? You can set up a one-time or recurring financial contribution to Second Harvest Heartland.
- Log in to your donor advised fund or contact your DAF administrator.
- Designate Second Harvest Heartland as a grant recipient, using our federal tax EIN number: 23-7417654.
- Indicate the amount you want to donate, and the timing of your donation.
The widget below will take you to your fund page to begin the process.
Considering a Donor Advised Fund?
Frequently Asked Questions
A donor advised fund provides a flexible charitable vehicle. You contribute cash or other assets to the fund. You determine where to invest the funds, and which charitable organizations to contribute to from your DAF. A third party manages the fund on behalf of all the investors.
Most donor advised funds accept a variety of financial holdings, including cash, stocks, bonds and money in 401(k)s and IRAs—even cryptocurrency. You can also invest non-publicly traded assets like private business holdings and private company stock. Contact your DAF administrator for the specifics of your fund.
There are no limits to what you can contribute! Please speak with your fund advisor to make a gift that is right for you.
When and how much you donate to deserving charities like our food bank is up to you. Donor advised funds are flexible vehicles that let you determine when to make contributions—called grants—to the organizations that matter to you.
Second Harvest Heartland is a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization recognized by the IRS, tax ID number: 23-7417654. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.