We Depend on You
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Second Harvest Heartland.
We are committed to protecting the health of our entire community while continuing to meet the critical need for meals that will increase due to the coronavirus. We need your help now more than ever, as we work to meet increased need.
What can you do?
- Please stay home if you’re sick. If you've experienced a fever, cough or shortness of breath in the last 7 days, please stay home to protect members of our community who are most vulnerable to illness, like those living with food insecurity.
- Please stay home if you’ve traveled outside of the state of MN in the last 14 days. Symptoms may appear up to 14 days after exposure.
- Please stay home if you have been in contact with anyone that has had symptoms or has been dianosed with COVID-19 or Influenza A or B in the last 7 days.
- If you are healthy and available to volunteer to help us pack the emergency food boxes and other high-demand items, schedule a shift below.
- Help fund urgently needed meals. We need your help to prepare our neighbors for this tough time.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
We appreciate your interest in volunteering on a short-term or long-term volunteer project with Second Harvest Heartland! We are temporarily pausing on new volunteer projects due to safety precautions. If you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis in the future, please continue to check our website for openings. These types of volunteer opportunities usually require a minimum of 3, 6, or 12 month commitment and may involve a variety of projects, such as client interaction, data entry, phone calling, or pro bono consulting.
If you would like to support Second Harvest Heartland more immediately, please register for an upcoming packing shift or consider a donation to support our work — a gift of $25 provides food for a family of 4 for a week.
Volunteer Appreciation Video
Did you know?
Second Harvest Heartland is now a Service Enterprise! Second Harvest Heartland was recently certified through Points of Light with this national accreditation standard recognizing that we uphold best practices in how we engage volunteers throughout our organization.
Need more information? Contact us »