We have made a very difficult decision to temporarily cancel all volunteer shifts at Second Harvest Heartland. The safety of our teams and volunteers is our top priority and this decision makes sense as the virus continues to spread.
- Our mighty volunteer workforce has positioned us well to respond fully in this crisis.
- Instead of repacking emergency boxes—a focus for our volunteers—we will buy prepacked emergency boxes.
- We will continue to distribute needed food to our food shelf partners.
- We can not thank you enough for your dedication and commitment to helping us in these unprecedented times – your commitment is so appreciated.
- As soon as we are able to re-engage, volunteers will be critical to our work and we will be excited to welcome you back!
A wide variety of ways to give your time, including:
Fresh Produce Distributions
Help distribute fresh produce to clients across the Twin Cities.
Skilled Volunteer Needs
Share your special skills with us to support hunger relief on an ongoing basis.
Sort and Repack Food
Every day, we need more than 200 volunteers to help us get food to people in need.
Volunteer Appreciation Video
Did you know?
Second Harvest Heartland is now a Service Enterprise! Second Harvest Heartland was recently certified through Points of Light with this national accreditation standard recognizing that we uphold best practices in how we engage volunteers throughout our organization.
Need more information? Contact us »