We Depend on You
We are committed to protecting the health of our entire community while continuing to meet the critical need for meals that will increase due to the coronavirus. We need your help now more than ever, as we work to meet increased need.
What can you do?
- Please stay home if you’re sick. If you've experienced a fever, cough or shortness of breath in the last 7 days, please stay home to protect members of our community who are most vulnerable to illness, like those living with food insecurity.
- Please stay home if you’ve traveled outside of the state of MN in the last 14 days. Symptoms may appear up to 14 days after exposure.
- Please stay home if you have been in contact with anyone that has had symptoms or has been dianosed with COVID-19 or Influenza A or B in the last 7 days.
- If you are healthy and available to volunteer to help us pack the emergency food boxes and other high-demand items, schedule a shift below.
- Fund an emergency food box. We need your help to prepare our neighbors for this tough time.
A wide variety of ways to give your time, including:
Fresh Produce Distributions
Help distribute fresh produce to clients across the Twin Cities.
Skilled Volunteer Needs
Share your special skills with us to support hunger relief on an ongoing basis.
Sort and Repack Food
Every day, we need more than 200 volunteers to help us get food to people in need.
Volunteer Appreciation Video
Did you know?
Second Harvest Heartland is now a Service Enterprise! Second Harvest Heartland was recently certified through Points of Light with this national accreditation standard recognizing that we uphold best practices in how we engage volunteers throughout our organization.
Need more information? Contact us »