Fulfill your RMD with an IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are age 72 or older and have an IRA, but are making charitable gifts from your checkbook, you are missing a very important tax break! A gift from your IRA is considered a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), which can be used to fulfill your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) for the year if you are age 70 ½ or older. This type of gift can decrease your tax burden and ensures that our neighbors are fed.
Benefits of a Charitable Rollover
- Avoid taxes on gifts of up to $100,000 total from your IRA to charitable organizations
- May satisfy your RMD for the tax year
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Reduce taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Help further the work of Second Harvest Heartland to end hunger together
Contact your IRA plan administrator and use this form to make a gift to Second Harvest Heartland. Your funds will be directly transferred and will immediately help feed our community.