Most Needed Items
While we appreciate every single food donation, we strive to offer a diversity of food that helps balance nutritional intake and diet – especially important to children, seniors, those with health challenges and those with culturally diverse diets. Second Harvest Heartland also provides various household products to help families make ends meet.
Our most needed items:
- Meats, fish and protein – canned tuna, ham or chicken, beef stew, chili, peanut butter, canned/dried beans
- Fruits and vegetables – 100% fruit juice, canned fruits and vegetables, instant potatoes
- Complete meals – pasta & canned sauce, boxed meals, hearty soups
- Grains – cereal, rice
- Special diet foods – gluten-free, low-sugar, low-sodium
- Personal care products* – shampoo, deodorant, soap, diapers, toilet paper, feminine hygiene, toothpaste
- Cleaning supplies* – laundry detergent, paper towels, kitchen and bathroom cleaners
* For food safety reasons, personal care items and cleaning supplies need to be kept separate from food items.
No glass containers, perishable items or home-canned foods, please!