Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)

SFSPDuring the school year, more than 40% of K-12 kids in Minnesota are eligible for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs. However, when the school year ends for the summer, these children may not have access to the nutritious meals they need. The Summer Food Service Program provides free meals to all children 18 and under to fill this gap.

Summer Meal FAQ

Teachers and Administrators

We need your support to reach more hungry kids. Help us spread the word about free summer meals available to all youth 18 and under. Research shows that schools (teachers and administrators) are the most trusted source to share information about child nutrition programs. If your school doesn’t offer free summer meals, you can still help your students by providing parents, caregivers and community leaders with information about nearby meal sites. Your support is crucial to reaching kids and families.

Learn more about Free Summer Meals and request educational materials.


Interested in Starting or Expanding a Meal Site?

Becoming a sponsor of the Summer Food Service Program allows you to make a difference in your community and provide free meals to kids.

For more information, check out our page dedicated to helping sponsors start or expand a SFSP.

SFSP Sponsor Information

Looking for a free meal near you?

There are hundreds of locations across Minnesota serving complementary snacks and meals to all children and teens 18 years old and younger. Note that menus and activities offered (if any) varies by location.

Click the button below for the USDA’s meal mapper to find free meals near you, or text “food” to 877-877 to find free meals in your area.

Use the USDA's meal mapper to find free meals near you or download the app on your phone. Go to “Summer Eats MN” to find a meal site based on your phone’s location.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; Fax: (202) 690-7442; or Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Take action now. Donate Volunteer Participate