Find/Give Help: Meals and Supplies for Twin Cities Communities
Our neighborhoods are hard to recognize. In the aftermath of George Floyd’s killing there are sprawling food deserts where grocery stores once stood. No one should face this already difficult time hungry. We stand alongside our neighbors seeking justice and equity and making sure everyone is fed.
What We’re Doing to Help
- We’re working around the clock to ensure food and other necessities like baby formula and diapers are quickly distributed.
- We have organized three large, weekly food distributions — emergency grocery pop-ups — in South Minneapolis. Read about our grocery pop up at Powderhorn Park, where we served nearly 1,000 families.
- Minnesota Central Kitchen created a new partnership with The Sioux Chef who is operating from their catering kitchen in the Midtown Global Market to deliver even more meals to affected communities.
- South Minneapolis and the Midway area of St. Paul are home to dozens of our hard-working food shelf partners. We will continue to back them up and offer additional help — and meals — as needed.
- Food shelves and free dining sites in South Minneapolis
- Follow this link for food assistance in other locations
- Contact United Way by calling 2-1-1 or click here for help with food, housing, transportation and more
- To learn more about SNAP food benefits and get help applying, visit 2harvest.org/snap, email SNAPrefer@2harvest.org or call 651-209-7963
- Recursos Alimentarias en el Sur de Minneapolis
- Siga este enlace para obtener asistencia alimentaria en otros lugares
- Llame a United Way 2-1-1 o haga clic aquí para recursos de comida, alojamiento, transportación y más
- Para aprender más sobre los beneficios alimentarios, se puede contactar a SNAPrefer@2harvest.org, 651-209-7963 o haga clic aquí
Our local food shelves have been overwhelmed with donations and don’t have the cold storage or transportation capacity to use all the food they’ve received. Please consider a financial gift to your local food shelf—they can use your contribution to buy the items they need for their community.
To find and support those partners directly, follow this link.
Donations to Second Harvest Heartland will be used to provide food and other necessary products to families who no longer have access to the stores or funds they need. If donations exceed what is required for this purpose, they will be used to fund general food assistance needs for local families struggling with hunger.