Resources for Groups
Our ability to hosts groups has been impacted by COVID-19.
Pack & Sort volunteer shifts at our Brooklyn Park and Maplewood facilities will resume on Tuesday, January 19. We are so excited to welcome you back! You can register for a volunteer shift here.
Group reservations will be limited to 5 volunteers per shift. We hope we will be able to adjust this as we move further into 2021 but are starting out with limited group reservations for the first few months. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-282-0901 to discuss group opportunities.
Get organized before your group event and make the most of your time with us.
- Group Volunteering Basics – Read our FAQ »
- Use our educational tools and resources and view hunger facts and stories to learn more about hunger before your shift.
Tips for a successful volunteer event
- Promote your shift with posters.
St. Paul volunteers. Download poster »
- Share links to Second Harvest Heartland videos. View videos »
- Invite a Second Harvest Heartland speaker to come talk to your group. Request a speaker »
Make it fun!
- Create a competition between departments/teams.
- Make t-shirts for volunteers.
- Host a corresponding food drive. Learn more »
- Include your friends and families, or your company’s clients or customers.
- Offer prizes or incentives for participation.
- Plan a lunch or happy hour around the event.
- Combine a team meeting with the event. Read more »
Double your impact with a matching gift from your company
- Remind your volunteers to take advantage of matching-grants or gifts your company offers.