SECOND HARVEST HEARTLAND’S KOWALSKI’S SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase or donation is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or donation will not increase your chances of winning. OPEN TO UNITED STATES RESIDENTS AGE 18 AND OLDER, AND VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SWEEPSTAKES TERRITORY AND PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will be open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry, and begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (midnight) Central Time (“CT”) on October 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on October 31, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
METHOD OF ENTRY: During the Sweepstakes Period, submit all required fields on the Sweepstakes entry form. Alternatively, you may enter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Second Harvest Heartland, ATTN: Donor Relations Sweepstakes, 1140 Gervais Ave, Maplewood, MN 55109. You must indicate that you would like to be entered into the Kowalski’s Sweepstakes and include your name, address, primary phone number, and primary email address. Mailed entries received at our office on or before October 31, 2018 will be considered valid. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry.
PRIZE: One winner will receive a $50.00 Kowalski’s gift card. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- ELIGIBILITY. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, WHO ARE AT LEAST THE AGE 18 OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Employees, officers and directors of Second Harvest Heartland (the “Sponsor”), its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies (the “Sponsor Affiliates”), advertising, promotion or production agencies, Web masters/suppliers, other vendors or agents, or individuals professionally associated with Sponsor or Sponsor Affiliates (and their IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By participating, entrants also agree and acknowledge that they are responsible for any and all taxes on the prizes and agree to provide a completed W-9 to Sponsor. The number of entries is limited to one entry per person.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins and ends at the times listed above. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- SELECTION PROCESS. Sponsor will randomly select a potential winner on November 5, 2018 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.To receive the prize, the potential winner must meet all eligibility requirements to be awarded the prize as the winner, including responding to Sponsor’s communications. Sponsor will contact the potential winner through the provided contact information. If (i) any prize or prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, or (ii) the potential winner does not pick up the prize within seven (7) days following Sponsor’s communication at Second Harvest Heartland’s Maplewood facility located 1140 Gervais Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota 55109 during regular business hours, or instruct Sponsor either verbally or in writing to mail the prize to the potential winner via uninsured USPS first-class mail following within seven (7) days following Sponsor’s communication, or (iii) the potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges he or she is in compliance with these Official Rules and agrees to work with Sponsor to finalize delivery, attendee information, and other required details to receive the prize. The names of the winner will be posted at http://www.2harvest.org/get-involved/participate/sweepstakes/official-winner-kowalskis-sweepstakes.html within ten (10) days of verification of the eligibility of the winner. In case of a dispute, the authorized account subscriber of the email account or telephone number used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account subscriber” is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or phone number by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, telecommunications provider, or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or phone numbers.
- PRIZES / ODDS. The Prize is listed above in the paragraph titled “Prize.” If a potential winner cannot accept the prize as stated for any reason including, but not limited, not responding to Sponsor’s communications, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize permitted. However, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the advertised prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. If you are selected and eligible as a potential winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available winner’s list.
- RELEASE. By submitting an entry, each participant (i) releases Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and agrees that the Released Parties shall have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability (A) for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities, (B) resulting from claims by third parties relating to the posting of their likeness by a participant, (C) resulting from claims that participant’s entry violates or otherwise infringes the rights of a third party, and (D) a participant’s failure to comply with these rules.
- LIABILITY LIMITATIONS. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AN ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE APPEARANCE, SAFETY OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRIZE EXCEPT FOR ANY WARRANTY AVAILABLE FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF THE PRIZE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- TAMPERING AND TECHNOLOGY. (a) Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered entries; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, unavailable or inaccessible websites, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, or other technical failure, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (b) persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any entrants or Sponsor’s representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified; (c) any use of automatic, macro, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods; (d) should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and randomly select the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor; (e) Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely winner's responsibility. Except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, unless prohibited by law.
- GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION. These Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings shall take place in the State of Minnesota in Ramsey County.
- SPONSOR. Second Harvest Heartland, 1140 Gervais Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota 55109.
- DISCLAIMER OF AFFILIATION. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Kowalski’s, any related entity, or any employee or individual associated therewith. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor at email@example.com.