Employee Giving Communications Toolkit
Whether you coordinate your organization's employee giving campaign, or are looking for ways to get your team involved with Second Harvest Heartland, we have the tools to help you share our story and engage your employees.
Feel free to use the statements, stories and graphics below.
No one should go hungry. Make Second Harvest Heartland your charity of choice to ensure no one has to.
Food changes everything. When our neighbors go hungry, they cannot thrive at work, in the classroom and in our communities. By supporting Second Harvest Heartland, you are helping feed the 1 in 11 people in Minnesota and western Wisconsin who struggle with hunger. It makes a difference—not just in stomachs, but also in lives.
- Second Harvest Heartland makes every single dollar go a long way – $1 can provide 3 meals. [Note: With an employer 1-1 match, $1 can help provide 6 meals!]
- Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 74% of all the food our partner food shelves distribute.
- Although so many of our neighbors are hungry, there is enough food for everyone. Together with Second Harvest Heartland, you can help connect that food to those who are struggling to make ends meet.
- Second Harvest Heartland helped provide 89 million meals to over 532,000 hungry people last year—there is so much work to do, but you can help.
- Over 60% of the food Second Harvest Heartland distributes is fresh - fruits and vegetables, meats, dairy, and breads.
Client Stories and Quotes
"I don’t look poor, but I had these clothes before we got really poor. It happened so fast, you know, just all of a sudden, you’re in a spot where you can’t do anything about it. And if you have kids, there’s not a lot of choices."
PARENT & CLIENT
"There are times I’m low on sides or produce, especially at the end of the month. Even if I don’t eat, my kids can. It helps until I get paid again."
“This pantry give us so much more than food. It gives us a chance to celebrate like a normal family, and forget for a moment our everyday struggles. I’m thankful for that."
"I’m often going to a food shelf to make it through the month.”
AIDAN, YOUTH VOLUNTEER
“It’s the right thing to do. When you know someone [who’s hungry], you realize how easy and often it is that people go hungry.”
- The impact we have together is making a difference. Together with Second Harvest Heartland last year, we helped provide 89 million meals to over 532,000 people in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- No one should go hungry. COMPANY NAME and our employees are proud to support Second Harvest Heartland. Learn more about the face of hunger in Minnesota - https://youtu.be/tPzwWERva00
- COMPANY NAME and our employees are proud to support Second Harvest Heartland, which provides an average of 74 percent of all the food our partner food shelves distribute.
- No one should go hungry. When you choose Second Harvest Heartland, your support helps to ensure our hungry neighbors thrive at work, in the classroom and in their communities. $10 can help provide 30 meals.
Second Harvest Heartland Boilerplate
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations in the nation. In close partnership with nearly 1,000 food shelves, food pantries and other meal programs, Second Harvest Heartland helps the one in eleven people in Minnesota and western Wisconsin who face hunger every day. On average, 74 percent of food our partner agencies distribute comes from Second Harvest Heartland. In 2018, Second Harvest Heartland helped provide a record 89 million meals to more than a half million people. We will continue to leverage our unique position in the emergency food chain to advocate, educate and provide food until everyone in our service area has what they need to thrive. For more information, visit 2harvest.org or call 651.484.5117.
Contact Julie Greene, Corporate Engagement Specialist at email@example.com or call 651.403.6063