Employee Giving Communications Toolkit
Whether you coordinate your organization's employee giving campaign, or are looking for ways to get your team involved with Second Harvest Heartland, we have the tools to help you share our story and engage your employees.
Feel free to use the statements, stories and graphics below.
No one should go hungry. Make Second Harvest Heartland your charity of choice this season to ensure no one has to.
Food changes everything. When our neighbors go hungry, they cannot thrive at work, in the classroom and in our communities. By supporting Second Harvest Heartland, you are helping feed the 1 in 10 people in Minnesota and western Wisconsin who struggle with hunger. It makes a difference—not just in stomachs, but also in lives.
- Second Harvest Heartland makes every single dollar go a long way – $1 provides 3 meals. [Note: With an employer 1-1 match, $1 helps provide 6 meals!]
- Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75% of all the food our partner food shelves distribute.
- Although so many of our neighbors are hungry, there is enough food for everyone. Together with Second Harvest Heartland, you can help connect that food to those who are struggling to make ends meet.
- Second Harvest Heartland helped provide 80 million meals to 532,000 hungry people last year—there is so much work to do, but you can help.
Client Stories and Quotes
More than a decade ago, 67-year-old Joyce* was injured in a car crash, an event that required her to get knee surgery.
Surgery involved a long recovery, so knowing she had to keep working to support herself and her daughter, who has a disability, Joyce put off getting that surgery for 10 years.
Experiencing other health issues as well, Joyce said she has had to choose between health care and food many times. “I have pretty good health insurance,” Joyce said. “But there have been times when I haven’t gone to a specialist. I just don’t go. A $50 copay? Fifty dollars can buy us five or six days’ worth of meals.”
“Hunger changes a person’s mentality,” Selena said at a community dinner supported by Second Harvest Heartland. “If I didn’t have one good meal a day, I don’t know where my mind would be.”
While simultaneously completing her master’s degree and working at a nonprofit in town, Sarah is also a parent of five children. For Sarah, hunger isn’t necessarily about having an empty stomach. It’s what goes into the stomachs of her kids that counts.
Both Sarah and her husband came from higher income brackets in the past, but the couple is currently finding accessing healthy food for themselves and their children to be challenging.
“It’s that difference between being able to fill up for the moment, and getting nutrients,” Sarah said.
Sarah attended one of our produce distributions with her son after her husband saw a sign in their neighborhood advertising the opportunity. They brought home pounds of fruits and vegetables, which moved Sarah: “We’ve never had access to fresh produce like that,” Sarah said.
Jade suffered a spine injury at work in 2009 and has had to survive on disability income ever since. She receives $879 every month, money she has to stretch as far as she can. “I would get dizzy and I didn’t know why. Sometimes I’d even go every other day without food.”
I’m often going to a food shelf to make it through the month.”
“Without that assistance, that food, there are days when I wouldn’t be able to eat three meals a day—I simply don’t have enough money to cover everything… Food or lack thereof affects all parts of your life.”
*A representative name has been used.
- The impact we have together is making a difference. Together with Second Harvest Heartland last year, we helped provide 80 million meals to 532,000 people in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- No one should go hungry. COMPANY NAME and our employees are proud to support Second Harvest Heartland. Learn more about the face of hunger in Minnesota - https://youtu.be/tPzwWERva00
- COMPANY NAME and our employees are proud to support Second Harvest Heartland, which provides an average of 75% of all the food our partner food shelves distribute.
- No one should go hungry. When you choose Second Harvest Heartland, your support helps to ensure our hungry neighbors thrive at work, in the classroom and in their communities. $10 can help provide 30 meals.
Second Harvest Heartland Boilerplate
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2016, provided more than 80 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors. For more information, visit 2harvest.org or call 651.484.5117.
Contact the corporate development team at email@example.com or call 651-209-6063