Employee Giving Communications Toolkit
Whether you coordinate your organization's employee giving campaign, or are looking for ways to get your team involved with Second Harvest Heartland, we have the tools to help you share our story and engage your employees.
Feel free to use the statements, stories and graphics below.
Here are key messages and statements you can use in your communications.
- No one should go hungry. When you choose Second Harvest Heartland, your support helps us continue to help our hungry neighbors thrive at work, in the classroom and in their communities.
- Choose Second Harvest Heartland as your charity of choice this season.
- Second Harvest Heartland makes every single dollar go a long way – $1 provides three meals.
- Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of the food their food shelf partners distribute.
- In order to meet the current need throughout the Heartland region, Second Harvest Heartland needs your support. Let’s work together to serve even more community members this year.
- The impact we have together is clear, and making a difference. Together, with Second Harvest Heartland last year we served 532,000 people and supplied them with 77 million meals.
Client Stories and Quotes
While simultaneously completing her master’s degree and working at a nonprofit in town, Sarah is also a parent of five children. For Sarah, hunger isn’t necessarily about having an empty stomach. It’s what goes into the stomachs of her kids that counts. “We always put something on the table,” Sarah said of her family’s financial situation, “but we can’t always meet the nutrient guidelines we prefer.” Both Sarah and her husband came from higher income brackets in the past, but the couple is currently finding accessing healthy food for themselves and their children to be challenging. “It’s that difference between being able to fill up for the moment, and getting nutrients,” Sarah said.
Rachel is a single mother of two young children. She strives to constantly put her children first and works full time to make ends meet. According to Rachel, one of the hardest things is finding affordable fresh fruits and vegetables. “Having access to fresh produce for my kids…that’s a struggle, but it’s really important to me,” said Rachel.
Mitch is a working professional trying to balance the expenses that come along with the care for his elderly brother with special needs, his own medical issues and keeping the fridge full. When Mitch got to the point where they needed help, the first place he thought of was Second Harvest Heartland.
Valerie – At 58, Valerie is retired and a full-time caregiver to her loved ones. She’s also trying to make ends meet. To help cut back on her grocery bill, she grows some produce at home, like tomatoes, but finds that she still needs help every once in a while. “I never was really hungry,” she said often living off of inexpensive, unhealthy foods, “but soon I started running out of money and thought ‘Oh, God, I have to eat.’” That’s when Valerie started visiting her local food shelf. At first she was embarrassed about needing to ask for help, feeling the stigma that many individuals experience, but the support of the food shelf and staff at Second Harvest Heartland helped make the experience of reaching out a positive one. “I feel better when I eat healthy foods; I know I’m not putting junk in my body,” Valerie said, appreciating the healthy options that her local food shelf is able to offer.
“Meals are expensive. It’s comforting to know there’s help during the holidays.” – Brittany, client and single mother of two.
- We’re proud to choose Second Harvest Heartland as our charity of choice this season. The impact we have together is clear, and making a difference. Together, with Second Harvest Heartland last year we helped serve 532,000 people and supplied them with 77 million meals.
- COMPANY NAME and our employees are proud to support Second Harvest Heartland. No one should go hungry. When you choose Second Harvest Heartland, your support helps us continue to help our hungry neighbors thrive at work, in the classroom and in their communities. Learn more about the face of hunger in Minnesota – https://youtu.be/tPzwWERva00
- No one should go hungry. When you choose Second Harvest Heartland, your support helps us continue to ensure our hungry neighbors thrive at work, in the classroom and in their communities. $10 can help provide 30 meals.
Second Harvest Heartland Boilerplate
Second Harvest Heartland is one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations. Second Harvest Heartland provides an average of 75 percent of all food distributed by its food shelf partners, and in 2015, provided more than 77 million meals to nearly 1,000 food shelves, pantries and other partner programs serving 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Second Harvest Heartland leads through innovation, finding efficient, effective solutions to connect the full resources of our community with our hungry neighbors. For more information, visit 2harvest.org or call 651.484.5117.
Contact the corporate development team at email@example.com or 651.209.7915.