Hunger Action Month Challenges Accepted—Thank You!
Thank you to all who volunteered, donated food, made a financial contribution or accepted our Go Orange challenge during Hunger Action Month!
We asked members of our community to Go Orange on September 4 for Hunger Action Day, and we were blown away by the response and dedication of local businesses and individuals who helped raise awareness of hunger in our communities.
How’d they do it? Here are just a few ways:
- The Cities of Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Golden Valley, Maplewood and Vadnais Heights all officially proclaimed September as Hunger Action Month;
- The Minneapolis 35W and Lowry Avenue bridges were lit orange;
- Summit Brewery hosted a Happy Hour for Hunger Relief, where they collected food and financial donations at their beer hall;
- Galactic Pizza donated $1 to Second Harvest Heartland every time a customer ordered the namesake pizza, “The Second Harvest Heartland”;
- And countless individuals also went orange by lighting their homes or businesses orange, dedicating their Facebook or Twitter pages orange, and wearing orange.
Double Down Challenge was Met!
Every volunteer hour completed for Second Harvest Heartland during the month of September was matched with a $5 donation by our generous Double Down Challenge sponsor, Bremer Bank! And thanks to those who donated more than 10,000 hours of their time, the challenge was met and a matching donation of $50,000 was made, providing an additional 185,000 meals.
But We Still Need You!
Hunger Action Month may be over, but we still need your help! Visit 2harvest.org to find ways you can fight hunger all year long.